- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 heaped tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, mint and water and boil over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and stir through the lemon juice, zest and mint leaves.
- Place the mixture into an ice-cream machine and churn according to the manufacturers instructions until frozen. It may still be quite soft at this point but transfer it to an airtight container and place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- If you don’t have an ice-cream machine, place the mixture in the freezer for about 2-4 hours until it is firm. Stir mixture with a fork every half hour to ensure the mixture stays soft enough to scoop.
Best served after a course as a palette cleanser or as dessert.Print Your Shopping List